Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Cole's Birthday Party



So, the Thursday prior to his birthday I did all the grocery shopping for Cole’s party. I stopped by the bakery department at Wal*mart to see what they offered in the way of cakes. I was planning on making Cole a race car out of cupcakes, but I wanted to get Cole a cake just for him. They have recently come out with ‘petite cakes’, which are about 4” in size, so I thought that would be perfect, then the other guests could have the cupcakes. So I order a Disney Cars cake, complete with Lightning McQueen on top, I went to pick it up Friday after I helped out at Relay For Life, and I literally laughed in the lady’s face. It looked HORRIBLE! The picture that I picked out was twice the size (in height) as the one she was holding. The picture had two rows across the top of checkers, and the cake she showed me had the rows, but they weren’t at all straight….and that’s just the beginning of it! The only thing that looked like the picture was the plastic Lightning McQueen car that sat on top! I couldn’t believe she was trying to sell me such an awful cake. I told her to keep it, and I’d figure something else out! OMG it was bad! Luckily, my Mom was with me, and she offered to make Cole a cake. She ended up doing an AMAZING job on his cake (see picture, she made the cake and I did the cupcake cars). I’m sure you can tell he enjoyed the cake.  At one point when he was eating his cake he quit using his hands, and just went in face first! I also made the ‘Happy Birthday Cole’ banner. Cole got TONS of gifts! A Lightning McQueen 4-wheeler, a toy barbecue, a dozen or so trucks of all kinds, clothes, and even a GIANT (53”) teddy bear! He had so much fun!














Cole and Trevor riding Cole's new 4 wheeler!

No comments:

Post a Comment